Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

One Thing

I usually don't write poems. This was an assignment and I actually liked the outcome.
Enjoy :)

One Thing
by: Natalie Gisvold

I want you to know
one thing.
In the night
as i lay,
the fragile snow falls,
of the long winter nights
at my window
if I touch,
near the brightly lit fuse
the ongoing light
my mind is drawn to you
as if nothing exists
we're little fish,
that search
feeding off each others amity
And now,
if little by little you start to lose that spark
I shall start to lose that spark also
If abruptly,
your mind has lost me
do not seek me,
for I have already lost you
If you think deep and hard
through the air that passes through
and you decide
to reject me here, alone
of the place where my heart is stuck
remember,
that very day
I shall lift my head
and my conscious will leave
to treasure another ground
But if each day,
each minute,
you feel as if I am destined with you
with unforgettable devotion
if each day a thought
rises in your mind to
follow me,
my love, my one
in me the fuse is still lit
in me, nothing is extinguished
my love breathes off your love
and as long as were combined
together, our love shall not
be extinguished.

feedback? hope it's alright! 

1 comment:

  1. You captured the longing for a relationship to work! Even though the stanza breaks didn't translate to this post, I think they were really effective as were the line breaks. I love the lines "my love, my one/ in me the fuse is still lit/ in me, nothing is extinguished." That really says it all when a person is in love. I also love the lines about losing the spark. I like that you say son't seek me for I already lost you. How true! You must have lived that part or know first hand someone who has. I love this poem, Natalie! well done.

    ReplyDelete